Ninth Vice Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Admiral James Winnefeld - His Son's Tragic Overdose- And What He's Doing About it
In September of this year, the 19 year old son of Admiral James Winnefeld (ret) died from an overdose of heroin mixed with Fentanyl. He had just come through 15 months of in-patient rehab and was embarking upon a new career as an EMT. Rather than giving in to the tragedy, Admiral and Mrs. Winnefeld have started an organization - Safe Project (safeproject.us) - to help fight the war on the opioid epidemic in this country. Here is their story.